LATEST NEWS, UPDATES & ADVICE

From a leading logistics provider

November 24, 2016
Company continues to grow and expand despite Brexit uncertainties.

Due to significant growth we’ve taken on 8 new permanent members of staff in recent weeks. The new staff have been recruited across all sections of the company and include a compliance manager, bond office coordinator, warehouse pick and packers, customer service and sales and marketing administrators, plus an IT Applications Support and Developer.

According to the latest JobsOutlook survey by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation, 23% of UK employers plan to take on more permanent staff in the next three months despite a fall in overall economic confidence. Just 25% of employers surveyed in July to September think UK economic conditions are improving, compared to the 48% that cited improving conditions before the EU referendum (survey period March to May 2016).

Rob McIndoe, Finance Director, “Despite the fall in economic confidence following Brexit, we’re confident that there are more export opportunities out there for UK businesses. We provide excise and bonded warehousing and together with our location, means we can offer our clients a great logistics service to help them maximize the export opportunities that are on the way.”

Last month the government announced plans to grow exports and bring a £2.9 million boost to the UK economy. The new International Action Plan for Food and Drink will see the government and industry working together to boost food and drink exports over the next five years.

Our site now extends to some 130-acres with 640,000 sq ft of warehousing. We operate the only public bonded warehousing in Norfolk and along with our location at Snetterton, just off the A11, we are ideally placed to help those food and drink producers looking to export their goods abroad through the East Coast ports.

At Johnston Logistics UK we can provide a solution for small businesses looking to store a few pallets right through to large organisations needing bespoke storage and logistics facilities. By providing a quality logistics service, our customers are able to focus on what they do best – growing their business.  We are able to grow with them, it’s one of the reasons we have so many long standing customers.” Rob McIndoe.

LATEST NEWS, UPDATES & ADVICE